What Incidents are Immediately Reportable to WorkSafeBC?
Incidents that involve any of the following need to be reported Immediately to WorkSafeBC:
- Injury to a worker, at the time of the incident where there is a loss of consciousness and/or requires critical interventions by a physician such as:
Involve a major structural failure or collapse of a building, bridge, tower, crane, hoist (including ceiling lifts) construction support system or excavationInvolve a major release of a hazardous substance that had the potential to cause serious injury as outlined in point #1 aboveA fire or explosion that had a potential for causing serious injury to a workerDeath of a worker.
- Broken bone or amputations
- Penetrating injury to head, neck, chest, abdomen, or groin
- Severe respiratory compromise
- Circulatory shock or injury to internal organ
- Third degree burn
- Injury which may result in loss of sight/hearing/touch
If any of these situations occur contact your local Safety Advisor Immediately and take steps to secure the area to ensure the safety of others.