Skip to main content

WorkSafe BC (WSBC) Claims Process

Why do I need to start a claim with WorkSafeBC?

WorkSafeBC (WSBC) provides insurance coverage to employees who are injured or ill as a result of work.  This insurance coverage may include wage loss replacement or medical aid/treatment.  For more information please refer to WorkSafeBC's Website

What is the WorkSafeBC claims process?

WorkSafeBC requires three Forms to be completed in order to adjudicate a claim for worker's compenstation benefits:

  1. Employee's Report of Injury (form 6) – created when you contact WSBC directly
  2. Employer's Report of Injury (form 7) – submitted to WSBC by the Provincial Workplace Health Call Centre after you call in to report to the Incident Reporting Team.
  3. Physician's Report (form 8) – submitted to WSBC by the doctor involved in your care

The Incident Reporting Team will advise you of any next steps required after you report your injury, including whether it is necessary for you to contact WorkSafeBC. Please note that not all injuries are reported to WorkSafeBC, and our Call Centre Assistant from the Incident Reporting Team will advise you if and when it is necessary (generally, if you have not sought medical aid or missed time from work, the injury does not need to be reported to WorkSafeBC). 

What if I called WorkSafeBC already?

You still need to call the Provincial Workplace Health Call Centre at 1-866-922-9464 Option 2 to complete your Employer's Report of Incident (form 7). 

SOURCE: WorkSafe BC (WSBC) Claims Process ( )
Page printed: . Unofficial document if printed. Please refer to SOURCE for latest information.

Copyright © Provincial Health Services Authority. All Rights Reserved.